For my LINK internship, I going to be mentored by the manager of graphic design at the local ski resort Durango Mountain Resort.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mentor Interview

What is your artistic background?
Well I have a bachelers in Graphic design. I went into it as a profession because I knew I enjoyed it, so I went to school for it and got a job. Pretty simple. 

Who do you gain inspiration from?
Snowboarding, the outdoors, the industry, 

How did you obtain your current position as the graphic design manager for Purg?
I started working with the Graphic Design Manager at the time as the sign helper, then I worked my way up from there. 

Talk about working for the Broncos.
Well, It was my first professional job, so I was a little nervous. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. Most of anything, it was my first professional job so it was very nerve wrecking because it was the Denver Broncos, which was big deal. 

What was it that made you decide that you wanted an artistic profession rather then business, etc..?
Well as a child, I enjoyed crafts. Taking a canvas and making fine art. I enjoyed being creative. Then in choosing a profession, I wanted a job that I would enjoy doing. Graphic Design is a profession that has a very broad range of mediums. You can create anything from fine art to advertisements and it is also a profession that I can do anywhere, because design is something that you do in your head, I can do when I'm snowboarding, sitting at my desk, wherever. and I wanted to work in the ski/snowboard industry. 
I love seeing things that I create in the community, its very rewarding to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment